Sunday, November 2, 2014

The package from MD Anderson yesterday

I returned home from the Arizona State Fair to a package from MD Anderson - with great trepidation I opened this package to find 2 CD's with images and reports of all of the scans done at Valley Radiology. Notable facts - I actually had 18 nodes on my thyroid, not 6, This revelation begs the question was this fact hidden because this clearly shows how devastating even in the short term that Interferon is to my system? 

Further - the scan from June - prior to my hysterectomy showed that swelling in my uterus had resolved - so why then was I subjected to this hugely invasive surgery and forced into surgical menopause? These are all questions that I may never have answers to and I am resigned to that. I am sharing an article I read recently because yes I would like to recoup the money spent on this unnecessary treatment but more than that I would like to sit across from these doctors and have a dialogue about the choices they made, the impact to my body - today and in the future and most importantly - an apology along with an acknowledgement that they have learned from this experience.

We really do need to change the way we handle medical malpractice in this country and this article outlines a freaking amazing way to do this.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/magazine/2013/01/27/medical-malpractice-why-hard-for-doctors-apologize/c65KIUZraXekMZ8SHlMsQM/story.html

Enjoy your Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment